The PADI Discover Scuba experience offers the perfect introduction to the underwater world. Dive Academy offers this fun taster session in the comfort of our on-site heated pool. This experience is suitable for anyone who wants to find out how it feels to breathe underwater for the first time and discover the fun of weightlessness.
The PADI Discover Scuba experience is not a certification course but it is an easy and fun introduction to the world of scuba diving. Participants learn basic safety guidelines and skills required to dive. Under the direct supervision of one of our PADI professionals students will:
- Go over the scuba equipment used to dive and how easy it is to move around underwater with dive gear
- Find out what it’s like to breathe underwater
- Learn key skills uses during every scuba dive
- Have fun swimming around and playing games to practise buoyancy
- Hear about becoming a certified diver through the PADI Open Water Diver course.
The experience lasts one and a half hours with approximately one hour in the pool.
We provide all of the equipment needed for a Discover Scuba experience. All that you need to bring along is swimwear, a t-shirt and a towel.
Are there any restrictions?
Participants should be aged 8+, feel comfortable in the water and be in reasonable physical health. There is a medical questionnaire all participants will be required to complete before any in-water activities (details are available on the booking form when you select your ticket below).